Want more in-depth business training?
The SCORE Business Learning Center (SBLC) provides online learning paths for deeper dives into critical business topics.
What is the SCORE Business Learning Center?
The SCORE Business Learning Center (SBLC) provides aspiring and existing small business owners in-depth online learning paths of specific business topics, such as online marketing, startup basics, and more.
At the end of a learning path, users will feel they have a better understanding of their chosen topic and the resources available for continuous learning. They will also have a mentor they can work with to apply the learning to their business.
The interactive programs include:
Simple Steps for Starting Your Business
If you’re thinking about starting your own business, this course will teach you how to be well-informed and confident when you evaluate your ideas. You'll learn how to research industry profile data, customer data, financial projections, and more.
- Module 1: Startup Basics
- Module 2: Business Concept
- Module 3: Marketing Plan
- Module 4: Financial Projections
- Module 5: Funding Sources and Next Steps
Simple Steps for Exiting Your Business
This program focuses on the tactical steps business owners can take now to create a plan for exiting their business smoothly. By taking into consideration succession planning, retirement planning, and estate planning, business owners can begin to develop a strategy to secure their future and the future of their business.
This five-part course provides valuable insights to help you make the right financial decisions for your business, such as how to manage your cash flow, create a profit & loss statement and prepare a balance sheet.
- Managing Your Cash Flow
- Creating a Profit & Loss Statement
- Preparing a Balance Sheet
- Preparing a Cash Budget
- Analyzing Your Financial Ratios
Are you marketing your small business strategically? Learn how to gather competitive intelligence, create a branding strategy, devise a marketing plan, and more. Set yourself apart from the competition, and increase profits with these easy-to-use tips.
- Building Your Brand
- Analyzing Your Competition
- Personalization Strategies to Attract & Retain Customers
- Maintaining an Agile Company: Tips to Respond to Changing Markets and Changing Customers
Discover how to effectively manage your company and learn how to implement a strategic plan, protect your intellectual property, value your business, identify ways your company can grow and much more.
- Creating A Strategic Plan
- Running a Profitable Company
- Protect Your Intellectual Property with Patents, Trademarks, & Copyrights
- Growing with Partners and Investors
- Valuing a Business
In this step-by-step program, you will learn the basics of starting your own successful business including how to create your business plan, conduct a market analysis, determine your company’s legal structure and assess your financial needs.
- Developing a Business Plan
- Determining Your Company’s Legal Structure
- Targeting Your Market
- Conducting a Market Analysis
- Pricing Products and Services
Online Marketing for Small Business Owners
In this course, you’ll learn the critical steps to get your business online, such as how to brand your business, top tips for choosing the right domain name, best practices for building your website and ways to leverage social media for growth.
- Getting Your Business Online
- Build Your Website
- Building and Growing Your Online Brand
- Build Your Brand with Social Media